Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021

Self-Esteem:

Scott Adams:

"So when Sarah Gillespie, editor of United Media, called and offered a contract, I apologized for my poor drawing skills and suggested that perhaps she should pair me with someone who could do the artwork. Sarah, who evidently understood a lot about psychology, told me my drawing skill was fine; no improvement necessary. That triggered a highly unexpexted change in my actual talent. Overnight my drawing skill went from about a three on a scale from one to ten to about a six. That's still not good, but apparently it was good enough. The sudden improvement was entirely due to Sarah's compliment of my  artistic ability. I became a more confident artist - and a better one - because she changed what I thought of my own talent. It was a Wizard of Oz moment."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen