Montag, 29. Juni 2020

Meditation:

Cal Newport:

"I think a lot of people today use meditation because they do not live the deep life. Their life is frenetic and unmoored and uncontrolled. And their mind is everywhere. It's monkey brain all day long. And they need to get some relieve. But to me it's a little bit like saying: "Hey, I've got a great hangover medication. It will make you feel better in the morning. I know you've been having these bad headaches. It's though getting out of bed. But I have a good hangover medication. That's gonna make it easier." I would say that's good. But maybe I should start thinking about cutting back on all the drinking that is causing all the hangovers in the first place. That's the one point I would put out there about meditation. While I think it is good and you should do it, you should also be asking the question: "Do I have to be living a lifestyle that makes that a necessary curative?" "

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen