Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2022

Semi-Autistic Conversations:

Johann Hari, Stolen Focus:

"It was clear they had met on an app, and this was the first time they had seen each other in person. There was something odd to me, and I couldn't place it at first. Then I realised they weren't, in fact, having a conversation at all. What would happen is the first one, who was blond, would talk about himself for ten minutes or so. Then the second one, who was dark-haired, would talk about himself for ten minutes. And they alternated in this way, interrupting each other. I sat next to them for two hours, and at no point did either of them ask the other person a question."

"I felt like everywhere I went, I was surrounded by people who were broadcasting but not receiving."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen