Sonntag, 21. Juli 2024

No Individuals:

via Robin Hanson:

>Peter Thiel: I went to the World Economic Forum in Davos the last time in 2013, and of course, they have the same ideas as the mob. And in some ways, it is a mob. And people are there only in their capacity as representatives of corporations or of governments or of NGOs. 

And it really hit me: There are simply no individuals. There are no individuals in the room. There’s nobody there who’s representing themselves. 

And it’s this notion of the future I reject. A picture of the future where the future will be a world where there are no individuals. There are no people with ideas of their own. There’s nobody to say, this is wrong. This doesn’t make sense. And I’m going to think differently. I’m going to think for myself.<

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen