Samstag, 13. Juli 2024

Nervousness and pressure in a given situation:

"Nervousness is the product of 'The fear of failure'. All your body systems are on high alert when you don't want to fail.

While talking to someone you really admire, you want them to see the best of you, so there is a lot of pressure to present yourself well. Also, the stakes are pretty high for you as compared to talking to other people and that makes the situation even worse.

I won't ask you to be yourself and get relaxed. I believe you have tried that already!"

-----

"I get anxiety, and I’m usually able to control it, but in front of certain people, say, people I like, I can’t control it and it really sucks because I wish I could be myself but it just happens subconsciously."

-----

"When I feel attracted to someone I am more shy with them than with many other guys I don’t know. With those I am not interested in, I would be laughing, talking, joking, but with the guy I feel attracted to, I would be restrained."

-----

"In my experience, I always get really nervous and shy around guys that I’m really attracted to. When I’m not attracted to a guy, I can have full conversations without any problem. "

-----

"we usually get nervous around people we like, and confident around others who we don’t care for or don’t know or don’t wanna know because their opinion don’t matter"

-----

Nervousness & Attraction:

"Participants reported most frequently experiencing increased attentiveness, smiling, staring, heart rate, giggling/laughter, blushing, and difficulty concentrating during this first encounter. Both sexes reported speaking faster and being less able to express themselves clearly, and women reported using a higher pitch and having a more unsteady tone of voice during an initial encounter of attraction. Further, participants reported observing similar nervous reactions by others whom they perceived were attracted to them."

-----

"Susan M. Hughes et al. (2020) studied nervous behaviors displayed in response to interpersonal attraction and found that people use nervous reactions to assess whether someone is attracted to them."

-----

“Participants reported that they did, indeed, experience a cluster of anxiety-related physiological and behavioral reactions during an initial encounter with someone they found highly attractive."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen